Make Your Own Healthly Cough Syrup!!!
Honey Lemon Cough Syrup
Lemon helps promote health by quickly alkalinizing your body, and honey will kill any bacteria. This is a perfect choice for a quick cough remedy.
• Put a pint of raw honey in a pan on the stove on VERY low heat (Do not boil honey as this changes its medicinal properties) .
• Take a whole lemon and boil in some water in a separate pan for 2-3 minutes to both soften the lemon and kill any bacteria that may be on the lemon skin.
• Let the lemon cool enough to handle then cut it in slices and add it to the pint of honey on the stove.
• Let mixture cook on warm heat for about an hour.
• Then strain the lemon from the honey making sure all lemon seeds are removed.
• Let cool, then bottle in a jar with a lid and store in the refrigerator.
This syrup will keep for 2 months in the refrigerator.
To soothe a cough, take 1/2 teaspoon for a 25 lb. child and 1 teaspoon for a 50 lb. child, about 4 times a day, or as often as needed. Adults can take 1 tablespoon doses.
Dr. Darius Homi Umrigar MD (AM),